Search This Blog

15 November 2023

My Study Abroad Destination with the Gilman Scholarship

The first step in my study abroad journey was determining my criteria for selecting a destination. I wanted a place that offered a rich cultural experience, a strong academic program in my field of study, and the opportunity to improve my French language skills. Paris immediately came to mind. It's known for its world-renowned art, history, and cuisine, making it an ideal destination for someone seeking cultural immersion.

Next, I started researching universities and programs in Paris that aligned with my academic and personal goals. I wanted to study business and French, so I looked for institutions that offered relevant courses in English and French. The ISA American Business School of Paris stood out as an excellent choice. It provided a wide range of business courses in English and French courses to fulfill my language credits.

Paris offers an unparalleled cultural experience with its museums, historical sites, and vibrant art scene. It was a city where I could immerse myself in French culture and history. Being in a French-speaking country would provide me with an immersive language-learning experience. While I could take courses in English and French, I also had the opportunity to practice my French in everyday life, a skill that would undoubtedly benefit my future career.

Choosing to study abroad in Paris, France, and selecting the ISA American Business School of Paris was a well-considered decision. It met my criteria for cultural immersion, academic excellence, language development, and financial feasibility. Thanks to the support of the Gilman Scholarship, I was able to put the funds towards my tuition, which knocked down the financial barrier that I was struggling with. If you have received the Federal Pell Grant in the past year or are currently receiving it, consider applying for the Gilman Scholarship, as it provides funds to American students aspiring to study abroad. This journey was not just about pursuing academic goals but embarking on a life-changing adventure, broadening my horizons, and gaining a deeper understanding of the world and myself. I will forever be grateful for the funds provided by the U.S. Department of State.
--
International Business major Avery Besson spent the 2022-2023 academic year in Paris with ISA with support from the Gilman Scholarship.