Search This Blog

07 December 2022

M(ar) on the GO: Week 14 in Valencia

11.30.22 and 12.01.22 Studying!
I didn’t do much this Wednesday and Thursday other than studying for my biochemistry final, but I was able to get out of the host house and study at Starbucks after my Spanish oral exam. On Thursday, after K and I’s class, we headed to our favorite burrito place for dinner as a sort of “good luck on your final tomorrow” dinner. They were amazing as always!

12.02.22 Biochemistry Final!

I finally took my biochemistry final exam! After an ungodly amount of studying and memorizing cycles, which weren’t even on the exam, I took my final and am officially done with my biochemistry class. Once the final ended, K and I celebrated by going shopping for mittens and her coat for our upcoming vacation. We also realized we only have two more weeks left as roommates 😦


12.03.22 and 12.04.22 Relaxing weekend!

K and I did absolutely nothing but watch holiday movies on Saturday during the day. We did leave the host house to go shopping for her suitcase and Christmas gifts for our friends back home later in the evening, but it was a lazy day. 


On Sunday, we went to the orange fields of our host family’s friends. K and I got to spend the morning with our host dad picking and eating oranges. They were amazing and we ate at least six oranges while picking three bags worth of them. Once we finished up in the fields, our host dad took us to Port Saplaya for lunch at a Chinese restaurant. After lunch, we walked around the town, nicknamed “little Venice,” for half an hour before returning home for a siesta. We rounded out our day by watching movies since we had a busy two weeks ahead of us!

12.05.22 Classes!

My first class was canceled today so I ended up watching holiday movies on Netflix until my evening class with K. It was a nice day to be cozy under the blankets, waiting for my class. Once class ended, K and I headed to our favorite grocery store, Mercadona, to pick up salads and hummus for dinner. We watched Pretty Little Liars while we ate and then packed for our trip starting tomorrow. Then we called it a night a little early since we had to wake up and travel all day on Friday.

 

12.06.22 Valencia to Munich!

This morning K and I met up with E at the train station for our 9:30am train out of Valencia to Madrid. We arrived in Madrid a little before 11:30am and grabbed some Starbucks before heading to an Asian place for lunch. The noodles and spring rolls were delicious. We sat and caught up for a couple hours before heading to the Madrid airport. Security and check in were smooth sailing and we just had quite a few hours to sit and waste. We got more Starbucks while we waited for our 7:40 flight to Munich. Our flight landed a bit after 10:00pm, so we were looking at Ubers (85 euros) or using the public transit system (13 euros each). Obviously, we chose to take the train system from the airport to the stop near our hotel (Centro Hotel Mondial). We checked-in around 11:30 pm and went straight to bed since we were all super tired and also had a full day of exploring ahead of us!


       ---

Read more from Margo at https://margospcom.wordpress.com/