Search This Blog

05 September 2019

Meet One of Our Study Abroad Peer Advisors: Meg Feeley

In the center of Bilbao at Plaza Moyua. 
Hi! I’m Meg Feeley, a junior at the University of Arkansas. I am studying International Business with a minor in Spanish. I was able to study abroad in the summer of 2019 through USAC in Bilbao, Spain.

While I was in Spain, I got to explore the city and meet people from all over the world. I chose to do a homestay and because of that I learned about the life and the traditions of someone completely opposite of me (and got to live with the sweetest dog ever!). I ate authentic food, spent time with wonderful people who had lived in Bilbao all their lives, and practiced my Spanish everday.
My sweet roommate, Kiñu.
Not only did I visit spots in my city that normal tourists wouldn’t normally go, but I was also able to travel to other countries, such as France and England, and my favorite trip was to San Juan De Gaztelugatxe -- otherwise known as Dragonstone from Game of Thrones.
Before the hike up the 241 steps seen in Game of Thrones. 
Study abroad helps you meet new people and make life long friends.
I wanted to become a Study Abroad Peer Advisor because it is my goal to help other students find a program that will exceed all of their expectations! I recommend that anyone thinking about studying abroad takes the time to search for the program that will meet their needs and not be afraid to step out of their comfort zone. I hope to encourage others to take a chance and go explore the world!”

--
Learn more about the USAC program in Bilbao, Spain.

Come meet Meg and the other peer advisors for a HogsAbroad 101 drop-in session at the Study Abroad House! Come to the office weekdays from 3-5 pm to get all the study abroad basics. Peer advisors are available to help you review your options for study abroad and start searching for a program.