Search This Blog

23 March 2019

Busy last 2 weeks #HogsAbroad in Australia

I missed posting last week because I went on some fun adventures and had 2 tests to study for.
On Thursday of last week, I did surfing lessons at Nobby's Beach. I was terrible, but so was just about everybody else. I was able to ride the waves while laying down and on my knees, but I never could fully stand up. It was so much harder than I expected! I got bruised from other people's surf boards hitting me. It was a great experience and I am happy I did it. We got a lunch after the 2 hour surfing lesson and met some other very nice exchange students.
Every dorm building has an event at the start of each school year called Commencement. I am living in the South Residence on campus and our Commencement was on Friday of last week. For Commencement, we all got dressed up, took pictures, took a shuttle to Noah's Hotel on the beach, had dinner and dessert, and danced until the night was over. The above picture is of me and my AMAZING roommates (left to right: Troy, Ace, Isaac, me, Joe, Abbie). Maybe this is a biased opinion, but I think I have the best roomies in South. Commencement has been one of my favorite nights here so far!
On Saturday, I did a cruise in Sydney that took us around the harbor. Although the weather wasn't ideal (it rained off and on all night), it was still great to see the Sydney Opera House from the water. This cruise was mainly for exchange students, so I got to meet some fun people. I also hangout with some of my friends that I have made on other exchange trips like this one.

After a crazy busy weekend, I came home to study for my tests on Monday and Tuesday. Don't worry mom and dad, I got As on both of them! I still remember that this is STUDY abroad, not just a vacation abroad. :)

--
Junior Christine Rheinberger is spending the spring 2019 term in Australia through our U of A Exchange program at the University of Newcastle.

Read more from Christine at https://crheinberger16.wixsite.com/website/blog

Don't miss your opportunity to study or intern abroad! Start your search at http://studyabroad.uark.edu/search/

Interested in becoming a HogsAbroad Social Media Ambassador like Christine? Contact Katie at ksabo@uark.edu.