Search This Blog

11 April 2018

WEEK TWELVE #HogsAbroad in Denmark


This week I tried to rest and recover as much as possible (which was made a bit difficult by a weekend trip to Amsterdam, oops. But, that will be a totally separate blog post)!! However, I still found time to do some fun things this week. The week’s highlights included a baked brie dinner with friends, beautiful weather, and a cool street art project!!

Amazing Weather

On Sunday, when I returned back from Florence, the weather outside was so beautiful that I decided to go and get ice cream with a few friends. We went to a place called Munchies, which is right near my kollegium and I’ve been wanting to try since the beginning of the semester. They are known for their bubble waffles and I’ve been hyping them up in my mind for a while. tldr: the ice cream was mediocre and way overpriced, but worth it to try once. We got it and sat on the harbor and just ate and hung out in the sun (which was the first time that we’ve been able to do that since being here), and it was def a hygge moment. I’m so excited for more good weather in CPH, it truly changes the nature of the city!!

Brie Dinner

I got together with a few girls from my core class to cook again, and we decided to make a quinoa dish and a baked brie and jam dinner. It was really fun to see a new living situation (my friend emma lives in a residential community and its prettyyyyy different than my environment), and to hang out with a different set of friends than normal.


Street Art

I was on my way to dinner with a few of my friends when I stumbled across a really cool street art project that felt so quintessentially Danish. It was a culmination of various positive quotes heard during conversations across the city. It was set up as a way to spread positivity, and it was really cute to read and see. It was such a Copenhagen-thing that I had to stop and take a picture to remember the moment – the random things like that are some of the things that I’m going to miss the most when I leave in a month.

That’s all for this week! Look out for a post that will talk about my weekend in Amsterdam! Hej Hej for now.

--
Maya is a senior International Studies major, spending the spring 2018 semester in Denmark through DIS Study Abroad in Scandinavia

Read more from Maya at travelingpapaya.wordpress.com

Don't miss your opportunity to study abroad! Start your search at http://studyabroad.uark.edu/search/.