Search This Blog

13 June 2016

Travel Necessities for Women #HogsAbroad


arrow&angel

Due to a lay over of a total of eight hours, I am updating you with my list of everything in my bag that is necessary to survive for a month abroad.

Stay tuned for a post over what to include on your carry on!

Main Suitcase Essentials:

Hair:
(1) Curling Iron – You’ll thank yourself for this one. Just clamp in the middle of a two piece section, then twist the clamp with your thumb away from your face, and you have a nice curl that will hold for the day. The nice part about this curling iron is that you control the heat settings, and it takes no time to heat up or cool down!
(2) A small bottle of purifying shampoo – this works very similar to a clarifying shampoo, and after one use product build up removes itself from your scalp. I use this once a week to fight back all of the hair spray! *Tip: Mix in a tiny amount of baking soda to really help with build up and give you better volume!
(3) A small bottle of purple shampoo – this can be used once every week or every other week. This is for the blondes who tend to pick up a brassy tone and give you a nice golden blonde tone. I use the conditioner with every use on just my ends. To use the shampoo, I put it in my hair at the beginning of the shower and then rinse it out at the end so that it gives the shampoo time to do its work!
(4) Wide Tooth Comb – to help with all of the tangles after showering/swimming.
(5) Shower Cap – Simply put, for when you’re too lazy to wash your hair!
(6) Dry Shampoo – For the days that you skip your wash (it helps your hair smell like you’ve had a fresh wash, no worries)
(7) Hair Brush – I use this for styling while blow drying and basically everything else!
(8) Moroccan Oil – to help combat the summer heat and fight against dry ends. I use this once a day either before styling it, or before I go to bed, then I put it in a messy bun to avoid breakouts.
(9) Your Everyday Shampoo – this really helps with color treated hair and renews the strength!
(10) Hairspray – this doesn’t weigh down your hair too much but gives you a great hold on all styles!
(11) Heat Protectant – You can put this in your hair while it’s still wet, then you’re good to go with every heat tool you use on it!
(12) Leave In – this is also to be put in damp hair. This is good for detangling, damaged hair, and anything else you can think of.
(13) Travel Size Hair Dryer – This will save MUCH more room than the normal sized hair dryer.
(14) Lastly but not least, a little kit containing classic ponytails, no-crease hair ties, bobby pins, and hair clips.

The Girl Basics:
(1) Lint Roller – for the uh ohs on your black clothing.
(2) Tampons – because lady cycles are VERY unpredictable.
(3) Deoderant – and an extra one for your purse in case of an emergency!
(4) Lotion – especially because Europe has a dry climate currently.
(5) Nail Polish Remover – to help clean up the sometimes messy nails.
(6) Nail Kit – I love this one because it is tiny but has every little tool that you could possibly need. Also, the little scissors are very beneficial.
(7) Vaseline – you can use this for cracked lips or dry heels before bedtime.
(8) Facial Sunscreen – to keep away the wrinkles 
(9) Make-up Remover – I’m a strong believer in these. I just recently started using this brand and I love them!
(10) Toothpaste – just stating the obvious!
(11) Facial Night Cream – just to give you some nice moisture and keep your face from drying out.

First aid kit:
Everyone knows their preferences, but this is what I keep in mine:
(1) Cough drops – just for sore throats.
(2) AZO tablets – in case of an urgent UTI.
(3) Mucinex – to combat coughs, colds, a runny nose, or a sore thoat.
(4) Bandaids – everyone kind you can think of, including blister bandaids!
(5) Off- bug spray!

Happy Packing!!
XOXO,
Rachel
-- 
Read more from Rachel at  http://www.arrowandangelrachel.com/category/travels/
For more information about the U of A Faculty Led: Spanish in Madrid program, check out http://studyabroad.uark.edu/madrid