Search This Blog

19 June 2016

I Made It! #HogsAbroad in Belize


I’ve finally arrived in Belize after the two flight journey into a different country. Other than leaving the states one other time for vacation, this will have been my second time to travel to an unfamiliar place, but first time traveling with individuals who I have just met less than a week ago. My entire intention was to force myself out of what I consider a comfort zone, and to make the most of the experience I have been given the opportunity to participate in.

In such a short amount of time, I have made awesome conversation with those in my business group, and the two girls who I plan to room with for the duration of this trip. A lot of what I’ve seen so far on the streets of Dangriga, and people in the community I have come across, is only half of what I expected.

The area is breathtaking, and every last person I have ran into assures to say hello! I can’t wait to see what else this experience may entail for me.

IMG_3948
13419207_643508265799397_5419927354658583278_nIMG_3951
--
Read more from Meghan at https://belizeinabundle.wordpress.com/
For more on the U of A Faculty-Led: Global Community Development in Belize, visit http://studybroad.uark.edu/belize