Search This Blog

02 November 2022

M(ar) on the GO: Week 9 in Valencia

10.26.22 Procedure Day

I had a 10:00am procedure on my toe, on my right foot of course. My host dad came with me so that I wouldn’t be super nervous about the procedure and the language barrier. I am so thankful he came and I truly felt a lot better about everything. The podiatrist is super sweet and allows me to practice my Spanish at all my appointments. The procedure was totally fine after the local anesthesia shots were administered. Luckily, the needle was a lot smaller than my last foot surgery but they were still no joke. I was excused from my class today since I couldn’t walk. Today truly made me feel so lucky for all the support I had back home with all my foot fiascos. I rested and watched Love is Blind the rest of the day.


10.27.22 Follow-Up Appointment!

My host dad and I returned to the clinic at 3:00pm for my check-up appointment. There was no signs of infection, thank god! I was excused from all three of my classes today because of my foot so I was able to continue watching and catch on Love is Blind!


10.28.22 ISA Activities!

Today was our last ISA group activity since the interns are heading home next week. The day started with an audio-guided tour of La Lonja de La Seda, or the Silk Exchange. The building is gorgeous and a definite must see when you come to Valencia. The audio-tour was a little lengthy, over an hour, but otherwise it was amazing. After our tour, it was time to try horchata. This drink is made from tiger’s nuts and you either love it or hate it. I hated it while E loved it. 

Up next was the San Miguelete Tower! Getting to the top of this building required climbing up 207 steps, it felt like a never ending stair master. The view of the entire city was worth the exhausting workout. We also went to Torres de Serrano, which felt like a million more stairs, but again the views were completely worth it.


After the activities, all the students and interns went to a restaurant nearby for drinks and snacks. I was glad to be able to spend some time with the interns before they left! 


For dinner, my host dad and I met up with K and her family at Casa Roberto. This restaurant is famous for the Valencian paella and rightfully so. It was delicious and I am so glad I was able to meet my roommate’s family, who was super sweet! Overall, a very wholesome and joy filled day!

10.29.22 Shopping Day!

I had a lazy morning before meeting E at Calle de Colón to shop for shoes. For Halloween and back home, I was wanting to get a cute pair of cowgirl boots because they are a third of the price here! I found the cutest pair and made sure to size up for my right foot! Then, after buying the cowgirl boots, I saw the cutest pair of red latex boots at another store for 30 euros. Of course I had to get them for Arkansas game days and just in general because they were SO CUTE! I genuinely have no idea how I am fitting both of these pairs of shoes in my suitcase… I might have to wear one pair in the airport on the way home! For lunch, we stopped at an Italian restaurant called Romeo Giulietta. It was so good. The noodles are handmade daily and you can tell they are amazing quality. After shopping, it was more relaxing and watching Gilmore Girls on Netflix!

10.30.22 Lazy Day!

After a busy couple of days, I decided to take a fully lazy day. Today consisted entirely of drinking water and watching Gilmore Girls, of course! Nothing much to write for today!


10.31.22 HALLOWEEN!!

Today was Halloween and K’s first day back after spending a week with her visiting family! Most of the day was normal; recharging our metro cards, stocking up on snacks, and shopping for Halloween costumes! I decided to be a cowgirl and K was a cat. I also had another post-operation check up with the podiatrist and everything went well. We started getting ready for dinner at our friends’ apartment around 6:30pm. We ate pizza and pasta and then all were getting ready to take pics and go out. It was such a fun night, I truly do love Halloween!


11.01.22 Mid-Week Sunday!

K and I slept in until noon because we returned home at 4:00am. Today was a resting and studying day. We did not have class in honor of All Saint’s Day. It was nice to have a “Sunday” in the middle of the week to recharge before having school and then traveling to London!

    ---

Read more from Margo at https://margospcom.wordpress.com/