Search This Blog

12 January 2021

A Passion for Digital Marketing: Getting an Internship in Virtual Spain

#GirlBoss
I take immense pride in being a Latina woman pursuing a career in the business world. I aspire to inspire those around me, specifically young first-generation Latinas that are setting their sight on pursuing a higher education. I firmly believe that if I acquire the privilege of succeeding in the business world as a minority, I will be able to help those around me achieve their goals and dreams. I am truly passionate about bettering myself in all aspects, so that I can help those in need in the near future. I am excited to embark in my life journey and inspire other young girls that might feel lost or afraid because I was once just like them. Serving as an inspiration, life mentor and friend is something that I care about with all of my heart and soul, and I believe that my supervisors inspired me to make this a priority. I am learning to better and become the best version of myself each day so that I can make a positive and everlasting impact on those around me. Being part of the Buddy Service team touched my heart and it made me think in a more profound way. This overall experience made me realize that it is important to help others and that being passionate in your goals is important in order to be able and assist others in the future.

What is Buddy Service?
Buddy Service is a travel cycle management for travelers who experience disabilities. The concept is based on four principles that create a pertinent service for specific needs. The four concepts are: enable, encourage, engage, and ensure. Buddy Service offers three types of on-site services: individual care, technical care and activity care. What made me fall in love with this company was the passion that everyone expresses for advocating and spreading awareness of making traveling accessible for people with disabilities. These concepts, on-site services and passion for making the world more diverse and inclusive are what make Buddy Service stand out from other traveling cycle management providers.

Passion for Digital Marketing
I had such an amazing experience working for Buddy Service under the supervision, guidance and help of both Fabian and Añiol. I truly feel like I learned and acquired so much knowledge pertaining to my career goals through the duration of this eight-week long internship. I believe that this experience will allow me to reach my career goals because of the experience and knowledge that I acquired through the various assignments that I completed. I realized that digital marketing is something that I genuinely enjoy doing, and I definitely want to make this my career path. I have only great things to say about Buddy Service and the genuine people behind it. I feel so thankful for the opportunity of working alongside the genuine and resourceful people who created this service for people with disabilities, a group often times overseen by diversity and inclusion enforcers. Being able to work alongside the Buddy Service team was an experience that changed my life forever.

A closer look into my day as an intern for Buddy Service

My role with Buddy Service was “Digital Marketing Manager.” I was under the supervision of Fabian Kraemer, the CEO of Buddy Service and also Añiol Carreras, the digital product expert. My internship consisted of me trying to expose Buddy Service through social media and showcase their services and what they stand for. I was assigned many tasks and assignments that pertained to digital marketing and even entrepreneurship. One of my biggest, and perhaps most important assignment was to create a new Instagram page for Buddy Service. My goal was to create meaningful brand awareness through social media engagement by creating meaningful posts and infographics, I found myself working at least thirty hours a week on creating infographics, making Instagram posts, generating the perfect captions, reading and doing research about accessible tourism, and finding the perfect hashtags to help promote Buddy Service.

--
Lizbeth Martinez, a senior International Business major participated in CISAbroad's virtual internship program in Barcelona in Fall 2020. Read more from Liz at https://lizinvirtualspain.wordpress.com/

Interested in pursuing a virtual international internship? This innovative program allows students to put accessibility and mobility concerns aside to develop meaningful professional connections with international companies, NGOs, health and education organizations, and so on. Although it’s not a substitute for a traditional on-site experience, these programs provide a project-based pathway for students to connect with international organizations. Learn more about options to internationalize your degree plan by adding a virtual international internship to your semester.