Search This Blog

21 June 2019

Teaching & Learning #HogsAbroad in Ireland

Hello! My name is Isabel Mosley and I am a student in the College of Education and Health Professions studying elementary education. This summer, I am studying in Ireland through the U of A faculty-led education program

During this program, we visit schools in Ireland to compare and contrast them with American schools. In addition, we get to teach a lesson to each class we attend. My partner and I taught about the geography of the United States, and compared landmarks to Ireland’s landmarks.

I feel that being able to go into schools helped us to really immerse ourselves in Irish culture. The students in each classroom asked us so many questions about America, and in turn took the time to tell us their favorite things about Ireland. If we had not gone into the schools, I do not think I would understand Irish people quite as well as I do now. Some schools even prepared special performances for our visits, including songs and dances. A couple of schools taught us the basics of their national sport, hurling. All in all, this was a wonderful experience for us all.
--
Isabel spent the summer 2019 term in Ireland with our faculty-led program, Education in Ireland - The Art of Teaching with the help of our Office of Study Abroad Scholarship.

Don't miss your opportunity to study or intern abroad! Start your search at http://studyabroad.uark.edu/search/