Search This Blog

10 December 2018

LESS THAN 3 WEEKS LEFT!! #HogsAbroad in Sweden

So it has been a while since the last time I posted. I’m so sorry the last 2 months have been so busy!

In the past 2 months I took my first round of finals (they went great), went to Denmark, Russia, Estonia, Finland (TWICE), and now this weekend I’m going to Scotland!! I am actually currently writing this on the bus to the airport.

It is so crazy that I only have 2 and a half weeks left here. It is very much a bittersweet feeling. I have made so many great friends here and I think that saying goodbye to them will be the hardest part of leaving. I am very happy to get to go home and see my family, friends, and especially my dog. This has been the best 4 months of my life and I’m so grateful I got this opportunity. I’m also so beyond grateful for the study abroad funding I got through the University of Arkansas Study Abroad Office and the Walton School of Business Global Engagement Office. If you are planning on studying abroad anywhere, apply for funding. The time you put into essays will be worth it.

Some advice to anyone thinking about studying at Jönköping University:
  • If you only have the money to go on one of the school trips, I recommend the Norway trip. I went on all 3 and while I recommend all of them, the Norway one was by far my favorite.
  • Travel a lot, but don’t fall behind on studying because it’s hard to catch up.
  • Everyone here is so stylish so your wardrobe game will increase so much.
  • If you’re thinking about studying here 100% do it. It has been the best decision.
  • If you’re debating about what housing you should live in, I recommend 1. Råslätt -> it’s a little bit further out so you’ll have to take the bus to and from school, but the community vibe is amazing. 2. Match House because it’s close to campus and Aka. It is a community kitchen and bathroom, but having that is a great way to meet people. 3. Beta House or Vilhelmsro. Beta House is close to the city center, but Vilhelmsro has a pretty view because it overlooks the lake.
I stayed at Backdal and while it was nice because I was so close to the university, it didn’t have a community feel which sucked at times. I did get my own bathroom and kitchen (I just shared with one other person).

Here are some pictures from the past 2 months. Thanks for reading!


--
Accounting major Arielle Amburn is spending the Fall 2018 semester in Sweden with our U of A Exchange program at Jonkoping University with the help of our Office of Study Abroad Scholarship and the Sam M. Walton College of Business.

Read more from Arielle at https://ariellessemesterabroad.wordpress.com/

Don't miss your opportunity to study or intern abroad! Start your search at http://studyabroad.uark.edu/search/