Search This Blog

19 September 2017

When Can I Move to France? Things I Wish I Knew #HogsAbroad in France #TravelTuesday #TravelTipsTuesday


Things I Wish I Knew/Reminders Before Leaving
If you are going to a big city like Paris or Barcelona and there are lots of things you want to do, make sure you have purchased all of your tickets way before you visit those cities. The lines could be really long to get your tickets the day you visit, they may not sale tickets the day you visit, or you are required to buy them online, so be prepared for that.

Make sure you bring excellent walking shoes because there will be days where you walk all day. Also, if you have chacos or some type of water shoes bring them for the rocky beaches; I wish I brought mine.

There are some free apps that I found helpful while I was abroad because you could use them without data or Wi-Fi. I highly recommend that you download MAPS.ME and download only the maps of the cities that you will be visiting. This app can show you the nearest public restroom, drinking fountains, bus stations, and metro stations. I used it everywhere I went. You can also drop pins on places in the app that you visit frequently (like the university or your host family’s house) so that you can always find your way back to those places, and have pins in places that you want to visit ahead of time. Another good free app is Paris Metro – Map and Route Planner. If you plan on going to Paris, this app makes using the metro map a breeze! You’ll be a metro pro after using this!

Dara, a Chemical Engineering major, studied abroad with our U of A Faculty-Led: French in Perpignan program.

--
To find out more about the French in Perpignan summer program, visit http://studyabroad.uark.edu/perpignan.
Don't miss your opportunity to study or intern abroad! Start your search at http://studyabroad.uark.edu/search/