The Gilman Scholarship offers funding for students who have been traditionally underrepresented in study abroad. If you are either currently receiving a Pell Grant or are Pell Grant eligible, this is a very promising way to get up to $5,000 in funding for your study abroad or internship. Learn more at one of our information meetings!
Information Meetings & Application Help:
- Thursday, September 14, from 3-4pm in the Center for World Languages Lab (JBHunt 207)
- Friday, September 15, from 2-3pm in the Center for World Languages Lab (JBHunt 207)
Spring and Early Summer 2018 online applications are due by October 3, 2017 by 11:59pm CDT.
Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship Program Eligibility Requirements
- For students applying for any academic term (Academic Year, Fall, Spring or Summer) please find the eligibility requirements below:
- Enrolled as an undergraduate student at a two or four-year U.S. Institution
- United States citizen
- Receiving a Federal Pell Grant at the time of application or during the term of study abroad
- Participating in a study abroad program that is no less than 4 weeks and no more than an academic year
- Receiving academic credit
- Study in any country not currently under a U.S. State Department Travel Warning or Cuba
For more information about the Gilman Scholarship, please come to the info meeting above, email us at email@example.com and visit the Gilman website at www.iie.org/gilman/