Search This Blog

07 September 2017

Meet One of Our Study Abroad Peer Advisors: Eric Williams! #HogsAbroad

 Hello Friends,

My name is Eric S. Williams, and I am a senior accounting major, information systems minor in the Walton Honors program here at the University of Arkansas. I moved around frequently during my childhood, so I do not really have a hometown. My mother currently lives in Arlington, TX, though, so that’s where I go home. I love to travel. I have been to 58 countries that span 6 continents. I studied abroad twice in my college career. I went to Vietnam for the 2017 January Intersession and then Ireland for Summer 2017, both faculty-led programs with the Walton College.

Vietnam – January Intersession 2017

Vietnam was such a rewarding and unique experience. While there, we worked on two projects. The first project was to install biogas for some of the families. These biogas digesters provided fertilizer for their farms and electricity for their homes. The second project required us to interview farmers in the cooperative and collect data. Using the data, we compiled a presentation and gave advice on how they could improve their business practices.
 
 Ireland – Summer 2017
 A month in Ireland over the summer was a great learning experience. We visited all four of the Big 4 Accounting firms, and as an accounting major, this was very exciting to me. We spent a day with Eurofound to learn about the European Union and their relationship with Ireland. We also did fun stuff like a day tour of Belfast, Northern Ireland, kayaking the River Liffey, and touring the Guinness Storehouse. It was a wonderful bonding experience, as most of us still keep in contact with each other regularly.
 
 

In addition to being a peer advisor at the study abroad office, I also intern with the Razorback Sports Network as a Student Production Assistant. There, I help produce some of our home sporting event broadcasts. My favorite thing to do at the sports network is run replays for the videoboard.
As a peer advisor, I am very passionate about traveling. I love working at the study abroad office, and I can’t wait to talk to you one on one in the office and help you have an amazing experience overseas.

--
Come meet Eric and the other peer advisors at a Hogs Abroad 101 information meeting! These hour-long sessions are held Tuesdays and Wednesdays during the fall and spring semesters, from 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm in the Center for World Languages, Literatures and Cultures (JBHT 207).