Search This Blog

10 August 2017

A Family of 12 #HogsAbroad in France

Screen Shot 2017-07-04 at 9.50.56 PM

“French people like to make life harder”—a business professor during orientation. 

So… at the American Business School (ABS) in Paris classes setup is a little different than in the U.S.A. The first week, I went to my management class on Tuesday and Thursday for three hours each. On the second week, I only had class on Thursday for three hours. On the fourth week,  I only went to class once but for 6 long hours… Keep in mind this is just my Management class, I’m also taking a Marketing class and it changes just as much as my Management one. Not only did I have to keep up with the weird schedule for both of my classes, but the classroom AND the meeting time changed as well. One day I could be in room 105, but the next class period I could be in room 514, and the following class in room 325…WHY?!?!?!?!

But I’m trying to not let this chaos be that big of a deal because I know I’m only going to be at the ABS for 5 weeks.

Moving on to things that really matter… I found THE BEST bakery just around the school!
One day in between my classes I had a 30 min break and decided to walk around and I ended up at this bakery.

I introduced myself and I told her a little bit about my background and explained her what I was doing in Paris. When she found out I was here to better my French skills, she told me she would only speak French to me from that point on. You could say we are kind of friends :)

Every time I had to come to the ABS, I would stop by her bakery to buy quiche. Quiche is a very tasty pastry made out of cheese, milk, and eggs. You can add little bacon pieces to make it even better.

Also, I met 11 individuals whom I have gotten to know over the course of 5 weeks. I’m so glad they came to Paris, because they all made my stay in Paris great. AND I had a Razorback with me here, Tessa. (Pictured are almost all of them. We were missing 3 people because they were studying for a final they had the following morning after our farewell dinner; and one of the ISA employees, Simon, is there. He’s a great man) Cheers.
--
Check out ISA opportunities like Julio's at http://studiesabroad.com/
For more internship and study abroad opportunities within Walton College, visit http://walton.uark.edu/global/index.php