Search This Blog

03 July 2017

My Glendalough Adventure #HogsAbroad in Ireland

Over the weekend, I went on a wonderful and indescribable trip to Glendalough, Ireland. P.S. It is pronounced Glend-a-lock, enough though is it spelt like Glendalough.  
We started the day by taking the 145 bus all the way to the end of its route, which is just outside of Bray, Ireland. It was about a 25-30 minute bus ride. After that, we hitch-hiked our way to Glendalough, which is hard to do in large groups of girls! But we made it there safe and sound, ready to explore.

The park is in Wicklow County, and it is some of the most beautiful scenery around. The hike began with a trek past a cemetery, as shown below.

After the cemetery, we basically wonder around, picking our way through the forest. There were cliffs to climb, trees to swing from, and breathtaking photographs to take.

For about four hours, my friends and I hiked through various parts of the national park, taking photographs and just enjoying everything we saw.
This park features some of the tallest trees that I have ever seen. It was truly incredible, I just had to hug one!

By the time 5:00 PM came around, we worked our way to the bus station, where we took a bus back to Dublin. Overall, this hike was one of my favorite side-trips. I loved how natural and just plain gorgeous everything in the park was.

Unfortunately, that is all for now! But since my birthday is tomorrow, and the 4th of July is Tuesday, I am sure there will be many stories to tell! Until next time, cheers!
--
Read along with Shannon at https://shannonsdublintrip.wordpress.com/
Learn more about the U of A Faculty-Led: Education Abroad: Ireland at https://studyabroad.uark.edu/eduireland