Search This Blog

23 May 2017

Making the Trip from Texas to Spain #HogsAbroad #TravelTuesday

My name is Fallon Freeman, I am from Dallas, Texas, and I am a junior at the University of Arkansas in Fayetteville. I am an International Business and Supply Chain Management major, with a Spanish minor in the Walton Honor’s College of Business. I have always dreamed of studying abroad in Europe and thanks to the generosity of the Walton College, Global Engagement Office, and the Study Abroad Office, study abroad has become possible for me.

I am studying abroad in Alicante, Spain through an independent, external program- USAC (University Studies Abroad Consortium). This is a five week program in which I will be studying Intermediate Spanish II, Spanish Oral and Conversation Skill, and Spanish Culture and Civilization. Taking these classes will help me meet my language requirements and also help me achieve fluency in Spanish, which will be a vital skill in my professional future. I will be living and studying in Alicante, Spain May 28, 2017 – June 30, 2017.

I am choosing to study abroad in Spain is because I believe as an International Business student, learning a language and experiencing different cultures is imperative. Coming from Texas, where I hope to work after college, Spanish is the most beneficial second language to learn. Supply Chain Management is also very internationally oriented, which is why learning Spanish and understanding the culture will immensely benefit me in my future line of work.

Although I will be studying in Alicante, Spain for five weeks, I have chosen to extend my time in Europe for an additional two weeks. I will begin my European adventure by visiting my family in Hamburg, Germany, before heading to Alicante, Spain to begin my studies. During the five week program, I will also be traveling on the weekends. Once my program is over, I will be spending one more week traveling to a variety of places.

If you are curious, once I return from my seven week trip in Europe, I will be following up on this page with a reflection of my journey. Thank you guys and I hope you enjoy all of my pictures and posts!!I love food and pictures so you can expect to see a lot of both :)
Instagram @fallonfreeman
--
See more from Fallon at https://fallontakeseurope.wordpress.com/
Learn more about studying abroad as a Walton college student at: http://walton.uark.edu/global/