Search This Blog

18 June 2016

The Possibilities are Endless in Ireland! #HogsAbroad





Hello hello, today marks one week of being in Dublin, and I am back to post another update of my study abroad experience! I hope to post as often as I can, but it will more than likely be around 2-3 times a week due to how busy we are! 
 
Today is another lazy day for the group, so I happily slept in and caught up on my sleep this morning before attending Mass at the Church of the Sacred Heart (second picture) with Dr. Leflar and 5 other students.

The interior of the church was just as beautiful as the exterior because of the abundance of stain glass windows! Following church, Dr. Leflar, another student and I enjoyed a cup of coffee (first picture) at Cafe Nero as we remininced about the days we have spent in Dublin thus far.

The other day, the group went on a trip called “extreme Ireland” to Hill of Tara, Trim Castle, and Causey Farms (fourth, fifth, and seventh picture). To say the least, the entire trip lived up to our expectations of “extreme” as we learned more about the history of Ireland, and milked a cow after jumping in a bog at the farm! Note to self: vegetation and rain water mix does not come out of white clothing!!!

Nonetheless, I am still waking up each morning in disbelief of what I am spending a whole month doing. Back many many years ago when I first discovered my desires to study abroad, I never imagined myself actually having the chance to even come close to having this opportunity. To me, traveling the world has always been one of my biggest fantasies, and something that I had high hopes of achieving, but never knew it would be even remotely within my reach.

But now, as I am posting this blog post on June 12th 2016 at 5:00 PM on a warm Sunday Dublin evening, I am sitting in my apartment on UCD campus with amazing friends who are just as thankful as I am to be here.

If there is one thing that I can truthfully say about my dream of traveling abroad… It would be that if you set your entire heart, soul and energy into accomplishing something that you desire the absolute most out of ANYTHING in this world, then you CAN and WILL make it happen. Just like the quote in the Guinness storehouse said, “good things come to those who wait”.

Slainte, and have a lovely night! Rachel Klun
--
Read more from Rachel at https://racheltravelsabroad.wordpress.com/ 
To see more about the U of A International Business in Ireland program, visit http://studyabroad.uark.edu/wcobireland