Hello all! It is now day six of my adventures in Dublin, Ireland… And I can honestly say that each day that passes continues to get better and better. Experiencing the beautiful mild weather and lovely group of 20 instantly makes my heart so full and happy knowing that I am actually here doing what I have been dreaming of for years. Every morning when I make up, I have to pinch myself to make sure this is real! As much as I think about, and wish I could be back in Wichita with my family, I am not holding back from taking in every opportunity I can get while in Dublin, since our time is limited here and I do not know when I will be returning.
I have an array of pictures from the days that we have been here; actually too many to count! So far I have visited historic sights dating back to the 1100’s, the Eurofound business, and coffee shops that serves coffee better than anything I can ever get back in the United States.
Regarding the pictures that I have attached; The first picture, the Celtic Cross, is located at the Hill of Tara in County Meath. The cross was created by St. Patrick as a way to make the transition to Christianity more acceptable. The cross is linked to many other historic buildings and churches here in Dublin, as St. Patrick’s transitioning of Dublin to Christianity is a very large and important event that happened.
The remaining pictures are from sights that the Dublin tour guide, Keyan, brought us to! We were very lucky to have such a knowledgeable tour guide to help us grasp the importance of every sight here in Dublin. My advice for anyone studying abroad, or even simply going on vacation abroad, is to find a tour guide to take you around town the very first day you arrive. Having this tour guide helped me understand the culture and historic sights here in Dublin that I would not have known otherwise!
With each day that passes, I find myself wishing for more time to go out and explore the town or hangout with the other students I am here with. In Ireland, the sun rises at 5:00 am and sets at 10:00 pm, which seems like a very long day of sunlight, but time passes tremendously quick when you are busy sight seeing and having the best time of your life. Since I have now been here for a week, I have become accustomed to how to get around the town, which saves me time to spend on seeing Dublin and not worrying about where I am or how to get on the right bus!
We had a free day to ourselves today, so I had time to sit down to catch up on blogging. My hopes are to find enough time to blog more often throughout my trip!
Slainte “to health”!
--
Read more from Rachel at https://racheltravelsabroad.wordpress.com/
To see more about the U of A International Business in Ireland program, visit http://studyabroad.uark.edu/wcobireland.