Search This Blog

17 June 2016

From Farm to Beach. #HogsAbroad in Greece








We began our morning with a tour of the dairy farm. Coming into this program I had very little knowledge about agricultural practices like farm production. Therefore, everything we’ve learned about the dairy farm practices is brand new information for me and I have no background knowledge to compare it to how we practice in America. This trip has given me a new appreciation for farmers and the science behind it. From far away it seems like everything just falls into place, but now I understand all the hard work and scientific thought that goes into it.

We then headed to Fanari beach where we spent all day there. Today there were a lot more people due to how sunny it was. We were finally able to stop by a grocery store which we were crying tears of joy about. Tomorrow we are hiking mount Olympus so we spent the rest of the night preparing for that.
--
Read more from Kyre at https://kyredeniceingreece.wordpress.com/blog/
Find our more about the U of A Faculty-Led: Food, Agriculture and Sustainability in Greece program at http://studyabroad.uark.edu/aggreece