Search This Blog

25 June 2016

Weekend Get Away #HogsAbroad in Belize

A part of taking on the community development in Belize means getting to go on weekend excursions.

This past weekend, we got to visit an island known as Caye Caulker. It was different from Dangriga, in a sense that, it included more tourists and allowed for a setting that included snorkeling, boating, and souvenir shops. Getting to venture around the town, and indulge in the different variety of foods was such an awesome experience.

Saturday morning, during our weekend vacation, those who wanted to were allowed to go snorkeling. I got to swim with nurse sharks, as well as sting ray. Although I was a wimp, and didn’t allow myself to get too close, I at least get to say I did it.



--
Read more from Meghan at https://belizeinabundle.wordpress.com/
For more on the U of A Faculty-Led: Global Community Development in Belize, visit http://studybroad.uark.edu/belize