Bonjour!
On Monday afternoon ISA (my study abroad program) took us on a short little trip to Monet’s house in Giverny. It was so beautiful and so neat to see that I just had to write a quick blog post about it!
Giverny is about an hour outside of the city, and we took a
charter bus to get there. We arrived around 2 p.m. and were given until 4:15
p.m. to explore the house and gardens.
Just look how magnificent it is! I love how crazy the garden is; there's
no real rhyme or reason to it at all, just a bunch of flowers
everywhere!
| a rose tree |
Monet lived in Paris for
part of his life, but then he moved to Giverny, and this house is where he
found inspiration for a lot of his most famous paintings.
Those "most famous paintings" are probably his water lilies, which were inspired by this water garden.
I loved walking around the gardens and taking tons of pictures! We went
inside the house too, but honestly it just can't compare to the outside.
It kind of looks like the house of a little old lady. I'm still glad we
got to see it though!
| All of these paintings are reproductions, unfortunately, though I did get to see a lot of the real ones at the Musée d'Orsay on Tuesday! |
| The dining room was the most yellow room I have ever seen. |
That was my short-but-sweet trip to Giverny! Afterwards we headed back to Paris and a yummy dinner!
Au revoir,
Sydne
--
Read more from Sydne at http://theyesgirlwrites.blogspot.com/
To find out more about the ISA Paris, France: Arts & French Language at the Institut Catholique de Paris program, check out http://studiesabroad.com/paris
Read more from Sydne at http://theyesgirlwrites.blogspot.com/
To find out more about the ISA Paris, France: Arts & French Language at the Institut Catholique de Paris program, check out http://studiesabroad.com/paris