We departed from XNA at 12:20 Arkansas time and headed for Chicago. I traveled with about 10 other University of Arkansas students, so that helped calm my nerves. Upon arrival in Chicago, we wandered around the airport to our gate and found a bite to eat (I got a Chicago style hot dog, of course). We called ourselves the K12 gang because that was the number of our gate from Chicago. So thanks K12 gang for making me less nervous about international travel.
| Flight to Chicago O'Hare |
In baggage claim a seemingly impossible thing took place. A man from St. Paul, MN was wearing the same wacky parrot shirt as I was (picture below). We laughed pretty hard and took a cheesy picture.
| Two mighty fine looking men in their parrot shirts |
Here are two pictures of our street. We came home from our walk and found our street alive and busy with dinner guests and tourists. We are in the center of the night-life and I couldn't be more pleased.
This post should catch you up on all that has happened in the last 36 hours. Stay tuned for more. On the agenda this week is the Vatican, St. Peter's, Colosseum, Roman Forum, Hadrian's Villa, and I'm sure the occasional funny story.
Until next time,
Jacob
--
Read more from Jacob at http://ablogaboutrome.blogspot.it/
For more on the U of A Rome Center: Summer Campus, check out http://studyabroad.uark.edu/romecampus