Search This Blog

24 June 2016

Falling in Love in Greece #HogsAbroad









Today was our last day in Greece and I am physically heartbroken. I have fallen in love with this country and these people. I could spend the rest of my days here and never think twice about coming back. We were so happy to have the opportunity to sleep in until 11. We all woke up so much happier because of this.

We ate a delicious lunch and then headed towards the remnants of Zeus’ temple. Only about 12 of the original 120 pillars remained, so it wasn’t as impressive as the Acropolis, but still very cool to see. We spent the rest of the afternoon finishing our souvenir shopping. After many more hours of shopping we finally made it to Greek dinner time which is around 8 pm at the earliest. We ate a delicious last meal and soaked in the last bit of the city. We finished our night with packing and reminiscing over sodas.
--
Read more from Kyre at https://kyredeniceingreece.wordpress.com/blog/
Find our more about the U of A Faculty-Led: Food, Agriculture and Sustainability in Greece program at http://studyabroad.uark.edu/aggreece