Search This Blog

23 May 2016

The First Blog of Many #HogsAbroad


Hello! My name is Rachel Klun, and I am from Wichita, Kansas! I am currently a Sophomore at the University of Arkansas enthusiastically pursuing a degree in Accounting and Finance, and I’m sure you are all wondering… Why am I so excited to announce my major?

Well, my major is actually what brought me here to write this blog post, as it has turned my spark to study abroad into a flame.

After a year and a half of thinking about studying abroad, I finally carried through with my desires, and attended a Study Abroad Fair through Sam M. Walton College of Business. As I shuffled through the programs, I found one in particular that best suited both my major and interests; the U of A Faculty Led Business Seminar in Ireland. I had heard about how beneficial this program is to Accounting students from one of my previous professors, so without hesitation, I filled out the required information and submitted my application.

Not long after, I was scheduled for an interview, which consisted of meeting the professors in charge of the program, Mrs. Terrell and Mr. Leflar, and having them determine whether or not I was best fit for this program. After weeks of anxiously waiting and checking my email, they notified me that I was I was chosen to study abroad in Dublin, Ireland!!

From this Accounting based program, I hope to meet the employers of some of the top Accounting firms in Dublin, and grasping a global concept on how others do business to incorporate in my career down the road. By acquiring this knowledge, I hope to find a career back in the United States that sends their employees internationally, as I know my love for traveling will only flourish once this program is over. Along with this, I also have high aspirations of letting this excursion work its’ reputable magic, and finding who I am as a person while abroad.

Thank you for reading my first Study Abroad blog post, and stay tuned for more updates, as I will be departing for this excursion June 4th!

Rachel Klun
--
Read more from Rachel at https://racheltravelsabroad.wordpress.com/ 
To see more about the U of A International Business in Ireland program, visit http://studyabroad.uark.edu/wcobireland.