Search This Blog

30 May 2016

Hello & Goodbye #HogsAbroad

IMAG7678
IMAG7493As sad as I was to say goodbye to Iceland, I made the most out of my last two days. On my way to Olafsvik, I explored canyons, gorges and waterfalls. The hostel I stayed at was an old fish factory which now doubles as a professional theater and accommodations. The atmosphere was tons of fun, and they had a show that night about a local legend of an alien invasion from the 90’s.

I spent my last day in Reykjavik. I meandered around the area, looking at the houses (which are really cute!) and enjoying the historic feeling of the city. I spent the evening relaxing, reading and working on school stuff.

Then, I flew to England! The first act was to go out to Brighton where the sun was shining. I spent the majority of my time laying out on the beach, continuing my reading and relaxation period. The coast was beautiful, and the weather was fantastic. The only negative- I should have booked  longer stay. I would like to go back and explore more of the town in the future.

IMAG7613
Brighton
I am now in London, for the third day. The first day I spent moseying through High Street, Mayfair and Grosvenor  Square- all places from those historical romance books I like so much. Yesterday (and so far the best day) I spent with Olivia. We met on the internship program in Beijing in 2014. It’d been almost two years since we had seen each other.

IMAG7706
It felt like we hadn’t lost any time! Olivia showed me many of the sights and introduced me to many of London’s quirks. We had a fantastic dinner in Covent Gardens and relived many of our memories.
Today I spent recuperating- sleeping, talking to my parents and friends and of course- reading. Tomorrow I head out to Bath.

Ta for now!
--
Read more from Claire at https://hogtrailsandtales.wordpress.com/ 
To learn more about the SIT Study Abroad Indonesia: Community Nature Conservation in Bali, visit http://studyabroad.sit.edu/sn/programs/summer/summer-2016/abe/