Search This Blog

02 September 2015

#HogsAbroad at the Deer Park...Welcome to Aarhus!

One of our #HogsAbroad student bloggers, Jennifer, shared these photos of her new home for the fall semester in Aarhus, Denmark:

The week started slow with just some general information and a campus tour on Monday. We were also put into our mentor groups this day, this is a group of about 10 exchange students and 2 mentors who are Danish students at the university. This group was probably the best thing about this week because it was a way to get to know people from all over the world!
This weekend I explored some more with people I met this week. The city of Aarhus is having a festival, so we went and saw what was going on. We took a tour of the harbor and listened to some interesting music.
We also found Deer Park, where there are deer that you can feed and go up and pet. It was amazing, and I may have found my favorite place! We also stumbled across one of the beaches, which was absolutely beautiful.

After only a week in this city, I think I can say it has stolen my heart!
--
Read more from Jennifer at https://jenniferbuss.wordpress.com/
To find out more about the Walton college exchange program in Aarhus, visit http://studyabroad.uark.edu/exchange/wcobaarhus/