Search This Blog

03 September 2015

Back to Reality #HogsAbroad

22 days, 15 students, 1 professor, 100% humidity, and our trip is over and school is back in session! Now that the semester has started and I’ve had some time to reflect on my study abroad program in Panama, I can truly say that I now can learn while observing through a new lens-a lens of perspective, a lens of reason, and certainly a new lens of prosperity of obtaining the plethora of goals I have outlined.

Learning about the Panamanian culture, government, banking and financial structure, as well as global supply chain management has enabled me to return to Walton in a new light.  As this semester has progressed I have already been able to contribute to class discussions pertaining to global marketing, logistics, and global management. I have intentions of consistently cultivating my experience into not only my scholastic and academic world but also my personal life. 

I feel that my program has truly helped groom me for the professional world and has better equipped me with the experience and resources I need to excel in my career. 

Studying abroad (and traveling in general) is like the last bite of your food.  Once you’re near the end, you anticipate what’s coming. You begin to prepare yourself because you know your travels are coming to a close (you know your last bite is near). And just as you enjoy that final, amazing bite, and it hits the pit of your stomach, you’re like “aaah, that was JUST enough.” But as that amazing last bite radiates throughout your taste buds, you begin to think, “I wish I had JUST ONE. MORE. BITE!” Studying abroad is EXACTLY like that. Just as you’ve landed in America, you think it’s JUST enough. But when you’ve had a couple weeks to collect your thoughts about the program, you begin to think “If I could have just stayed for ONE MORE WEEK, ONE MORE MONTH!”

If I could give one piece of advice for someone considering the International Business in Panama program, I’d say do it and take full advantage of each aspect of the program.

 Cordarius Enright
Peer Advisor at the Office of Study Abroad