Search This Blog

11 June 2016

Our Flight to Florence, Italy #HogsAbroad

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Jane. This summer, I will be in Europe for a total of six weeks with two of my very good friends- Mary Hannah and Natalie. We will be studying abroad in Florence, Italy through the University of Richmond for four weeks. All three of us are taking a photography class, so I am hoping to come back with some awesome pictures. I will be staying an additional two weeks with Natalie and we are going to travel to different countries. I am excited to share with y’all everything I learn and see! (:

Alright, I have three tips for you.

1.Flights never run on time

2. Take “Dream Water” for a long flight

3. Eat Mexican food before you leave the country

So for number one. Our flight was supposed to leave at 7pm out of Dallas, but we did not end up departing until 11:30pm. However… It worked out in Natalie and Mary Hannah’s favor because their flight to Dallas got delayed, which means they would miss the 7pm flight.

IMG_0903Number two- If you are going out of the country and are going to have a long flight, take “Dream water.” You can buy it at the little convenience stores in the airport. I promise you, this stuff works wonders.. I’ve never slept any better. I slept the entire flight.
IMG_0906.jpg
And last but not least, eat Mexican food. I don’t know what it is about cheap Mexican food that my stomach craves too often. Go all out before you leave the country because you will most definitely miss it. Orrrr… Like Natalie did, eat a hot-dog from the airport.

xoxo, SJ
--
Read more from Sarah Jane at https://sjgoesabroad.wordpress.com/
To find out more about the AIFS Study Abroad in Florence program, check out http://www.aifsabroad.com/italy/florence/