Search This Blog

10 June 2016

Meeting the Sleeping Man in Belize #HogsAbroad

Cabana Sign.JPG
A sign on our walk over to Chealanor via Magoon Street.

Hey everyone I am a little behind on posting but I will try to catch up! I was the one of the only ones who got quality sleep before traveling and I dont regret it one bit. We went from XNA to ATL then from ATL to Belize City. 
The bus ride from Belize City to Dangriga is very scenic. The is a spot in the mountain called the sleeping man and the siloutte the mountain makes looks like a mans face lying down.
When we arrived the first thing we went to get was shaved ice. The fruit is freshly grown by the owner and was very good.

The second thing we did was unpack our bags. I quickly found out that TSA had taken all my bugspray as it was considered a “Fueled Lighter”. I was very unhappy to find this out as I had bought lots of bugspray and it is about twice as expensive down here.

However, the next thing we did was step on our back porch and walk to the sea. A bar is right next to our hotel so naturally we ordered a Belikin, the Beer of Belize, and we were not disappointed!

I will upload videos when I get back and I will share the YouTube link on here!

See you all tomorrow!
--
Read more from Austin at https://thehogabroad.wordpress.com/
Learn more about the U of A Community Development in Belize summer program at http://studyabroad.uark.edu/belize