Twelve hours of flight time, six hours of waiting in the airport, and three meagre hours of sleep later; I arrived here in Rome – more specifically at Fiumicino International Airport – at about 9 a.m. this morning Rome time. Since then, I’ve been introduced to my apartment and the neighborhood, allowed to rest for a few hours, and then treated to dinner this evening by the UARK Rome Center and its staff.
Jacob and I then explored our area of town a bit, and managed to capture this shot of St. Peter’s over the Ponte Sisto Bridge. I really like this photo because it seems to embody the richly layered architecture that defines the Rome I have encountered so far. Every great work of art here rests in the shadow of something far greater. And from what I’ve heard, it only gets better from here.
Thanks again for your kind
attention in reading my blog! This is
the first time I’ve ever written about my experiences in real time, and I must
say that it is quite exhilarating to know that some of you are along with me on my journey as I
experience the incredible history and culture of the Eternal City. That’s all for now! Stay tuned for more soon!
-Brock DeMark
--
Read more from Brock at http://brockdemarkrome.blogspot.com/
For more information on the U of A Renaissance in Rome program at http://studyabroad.uark.edu/renrome
