Search This Blog

25 May 2016

Time traveling to Japan #HogsAbroad

This morning I woke up so refreshed from all the sleep I had gotten and took a walk around Waikiki and grabbed breakfast. Then we all packed up our stuff and headed to the airport to fly to JAPAN!

Most of my day was spent on a plane, so outside that ride there isn’t much to talk about; but there is plenty to talk about that plan ride. This plane ride was one of the best that I have ever taken.  I have never had a crew be so diligent in their service. As we took off the stewardesses came around with hot hand towels. Ten minutes later they walked around with drinks. After drinks came dinner, which was delicious. This continued until we touched down in Japan. For most of the flight I was reading, but I also got some sleep.

When we finally touched down at Kansai International I was so warn out. I still don’t completely understand the time zone situation, but I know that we lost a day by crossing the International Date Line. Landing at KIX wasn’t the end of our traveling though.

Finally after buying rail passes, 2 hours of trains and a short walk we arrived at the hotel. We were greeted in Kameioka by Ei-Chan a friend of Dr. Stapp’s and the program, who helps us while we are in Japan. Ei-Chan (our main Japanese hostess), her husband, and another friend of Stapp’s Nagata-San helped us bring our luggage to the hotel and ate a quick snack with us. Before we began eating Ei-Chan gave me some fruit, because the rest of the group would be eating bread. The Japanese people have been incredibly kind to me since I arrived., a kindness that I could not have imagined. I so look forward to the days ahead.
--
Read more from Stephanie at http://stephsadventuresabroad.tumblr.com/
Find out more about the U of A International Business in Japan program at http://studyabroad.uark.edu/wcobjapan