Search This Blog

31 May 2016

“Monet, Modern Art, and Mikey..” #HogsAbroad

IMG_0744
Marilyn Diptych by Andy Warhol
 “Modern paintings are like women, you’ll never enjoy them if you try to understand them.” ― Freddie Mercury



Yesterday we wondered the giant National Gallery and National Portrait Gallery. While it was incredible and a pleasure to view a standstill of history and time, it wasn’t too thought provoking. Most of the paintings were commissioned by the wealthy, and egotistical. While the art and craft was excellent, the reasoning behind the artwork could drive the most awake person to a sound slumber. I say most because there were obvious exceptions to this as a lot of incredible artists who provoke thoughts frequently were present in the galleries.
However, in regards to thought provoking… The Tate Modern Art Museum we visited today, was second to none. Modern Art is so much more my style. While I appreciate all art I love the mediums, styles, and the overall complete diversity of modern…
View original post 601 more words
--
Read more from Mikey at https://themikeyreynoldschronicles.wordpress.com/.
Find out more about the U of A Theatre in Britain summer program at http://studyabroad.uark.edu/theatreinbritain.