Search This Blog
26 May 2016
Let the wanderlust begin #HogsAbroad
Friends, family, and those who have never met me:
Let me begin by saying I am so glad you’re here! I want to take a moment to thank all of for all of your support and encouragement in helping me follow this dream of mine. It is 10:58 AM and I am sitting waiting to board my flight to Chicago, from where I will be leaving to the the gorgeous city of Madrid. For those of you who don’t know, my final destination is Valencia, Spain, which lies on the coast of the Mediterranean, about two hours south of Barcelona.
In Valencia I will be taking Spanish classes at the Universitat de Valencia in order to complete my Spanish minor. Even sitting in this airport, all alone, an hour away from departure, it has not yet hit me that I will be spending the next month of my life away from home. I’ll probably land, meet my host family, be all settled and in class even, and I still won’t believe it. While most people in my position would be bursting with excitement about this journey I am about to embark on, I am slightly terrified.
Now I’ve been to Europe before, I’ve done my fair share of traveling, and I speak Spanish so none of these things are what concerns me. My fear is the idea of being all alone in a foreign country where I know absolutely no one. I’m not an independent person by any means. I will shamefully admit that I do not always thrive in unfamiliar environments, and when it comes to making friends LOL well I’m not so hot at that either.
But you only live once, and never again will I be 20 years old and in Europe, so I’ve chosen to make the absolute best of this opportunity that very few have. So wish me luck, please.
Now I wasn’t sure whether I was going to be able to maintain a blog and a vlog (hopefully coming soon, stay tuned) but I had some time to kill, so why not. I can’t promise that I will write very frequently, and I certainly can’t promise that this blog will be a work of art because bless my soul that hasn’t been in an English class in two years. So this is here solely for the purpose of keeping my sweet mother and my 3 or so friends who actually do want to know what I’m up to. (XOXOXO LOVE YALL TO PIECES)
So my beloved readers, here’s to facing your fears, making the most of every chance you’re given and most importantly, the creator of Sangria.
Bless,
Kassandra.
--
Read more from Kassandra at https://salazarinspain.wordpress.com/
Take a look at http://studiesabroad.com/programs/country/spain/city/valencia/duration/17 for more information about the ISA Valencia, Spain: Hispanic Studies Honors Program.
