Search This Blog

25 May 2016

Bienvenue à Paris #HogsAbroad

**Note: This post is from yesterday. I meant to post it last night, but our wifi was down. So it’s a little late and outdated, but it’s here!**

I am in Paris!

My flight arrived at about 8:35 this morning, and my new roommate, Landry, and I arrived at our house at around noon.

There’s something a little different about this trip; we are living in a homestay as opposed to an apartment. It means a little less freedom, a lot more French and me never having to cook for myself. 
My roommate Landry and I are living with a middle-aged couple named Claudia and Louis. Claudia has been so sweet and welcoming since the second we arrived! Louis is a painter, and the entire first floor of the house is his studio. We have a third roommate named Kennedy who is finishing up a semester program, but she will only be here for two more weeks. They also have two cats which makes me very happy.

Today was uneventful. I don’t even have any pictures, except these obligatory airplane window shots. Lots of different skies because I flew for soooo long. 

There’s something very magical about flying through and above the clouds; it always reminds me of how Mary Poppins flew up to a cloud on her umbrella, and how I’ve always wanted to sit on a cloud. Science says I can’t, but a girl can dream.

Once we arrived, we unpacked, ate a snack and took a quick walk around the neighborhood with Kennedy so we could find the nearest grocery store, ATM, metro station, etc. We are living in the 13th arrondissement, which also houses Chinatown and a lot of the city’s skyscrapers. It’s not what I expected Paris to look like, but it’s cute all the same. I will post pictures of my house and neighborhood soon! 

Sorry for the boring post guys, I needed some time to rest up from the jet lag!

À demain!

Sydne
--
Read more from Sydne at http://theyesgirlwrites.blogspot.com/
To find out more about the ISA Paris, France: Arts & French Language at the Institut Catholique de Paris program, check out http://studiesabroad.com/paris