Search This Blog

30 May 2016

A walk through Kyoto. #HogsAbroad

Boy did we walk today! I logged seven and a half miles walking all over Kyoto. I talked to Dad and he said that he’s sure I’ll be the “step queen” for the next month. We took our normal train from Kameoka to Kyoto this morning and walked from the station to a massive Buddhist temple. It was such a neat experience, because it was still a practicing temple so when we entered people were meditating. The architecture and design was incredible! It was mostly constructed with fitted wood.


From there we took a train to Kinkakuji, “the Golden Pavilion”, which was beautiful. In the middle of lake was the golden pavilion.


Then we walked across town to Ryoanji, a really old rock garden. It was nice to sit down and just think and relax.


We went to dinner that night at what I can only describe as a Chinese waffle house. It was cheap and fast and tasty. There’s not really much to say about today. It was mostly walking and sitting in temples in reflection. It was a good day, but I am warn out.
--
Read more from Stephanie at http://stephsadventuresabroad.tumblr.com/
Find out more about the U of A International Business in Japan program at http://studyabroad.uark.edu/wcobjapan