Search This Blog

28 August 2015

Meet One of Our New #HogsAbroad Peer Advisors!

My name is Emma Ridings and I am a senior at the University of Arkansas, double majoring in Cultural Anthropology and International Relations and double minoring in French and African/African American Studies.


Lake Kivu, Rwanda
I have had the wonderful opportunity to study abroad three times! The summer after my freshman year I participated in a faculty-led Anthropology trip to Tanzania. The summer after my sophomore year I went to Prague, Czech Republic and took a course on the Holocaust. Finally, I spent the spring of my junior year in Rwanda studying post-genocide restoration and peacebuilding. 

Each of these experiences helped shaped who I am as a person and I am eternally grateful to have had the opportunity to participate in these amazing programs. I am excited to be working in the Office of Study Abroad and I hope to share my enthusiasm for traveling with fellow University students!


On the equator in Uganda"

Horseback riding on Mount Kigali in Rwanda