Search This Blog

06 July 2015

#HogsAbroad Student Blogger Spotlight: Farewell Roma

One of our #HogsAbroad student bloggers reflected on her time at the U of A Rome Center summer campus:

I believe that I have grown tremendously throughout this trip. I have navigated through a foreign country alone, all while managing not to get pick pocketed… I scared off a man who thought he could follow us for God knows what reason, I am sure to steal our belongings. 

I have overcome language barriers and learned that no matter where you are from or language you speak, we can communicate because we are all human. I went to a foreign doctor all alone who didn’t speak a lick of English. I have bartered with every vendor from Rome to Florence, and believe me, I won every time. 

I have seen buildings, structures, paintings, & sculptures by the most influential artists in history. Ones that you see in books growing up but don’t think you will ever get to see in person. 

This trip also increased my desire to travel the rest of the world and experience all different cultures, therefore ensuring me that I have chosen the right major. I can’t quit put into words what all  this experience has taught me about myself & other cultures, but let me tell you, it’s been amazing.

--
Read more from Taylor at https://taylertrantham.wordpress.com
To find out more about the U of A Rome Center Summer program, visit http://studyabroad.uark.edu/romecampus.