Search This Blog

03 March 2021

Meet One of Our Study Abroad Peer Advisors: Breunna Anderson #HogsAbroad #WanderlustWednesday


Hello my fellow Razorback enthusiasts!

My name is Breunna Anderson, but you can also call me Bre for short. I am a sophomore here at the University of Arkansas majoring in Biology with plans to enroll into a Physician Assistant Program post-graduation. I am also a second year member on the University of Arkansas Spirit Squads cheer team.

This is my first year as a peer advisor here at the Office of Study Abroad and International Exchange. I am so excited to advise you all through your Study Abroad endeavors!

I have not yet had the opportunity to study abroad due to Covid-19 and all of its uncertainty, but I do plan to study abroad this upcoming school year. One of the reasons I was so excited about joining the Office of Study Abroad and International Exchange is because of how excited I am to Study Abroad myself. I am able to help others through this process, and at the same time, help myself!

Although I have not been able to study abroad myself just yet, I do think the experience itself is beneficial for many reasons. Studying abroad is a great chance for us all to take a step out of our comfort zone and see the world's diversity. You are away from everything that you know and just have to embrace the change and new environment that surrounds you. As I have barely gotten to travel around the U.S, travelling around other countries will be a very different experience for me. Through studying abroad, I hope to unlock new things about myself that are suppressed with being in the comfort of my home state, Arkansas.

I have always wanted to study abroad, but I never thought I would actually get to do it. I thought it would be too expensive, or I wouldn’t find enough scholarships, etc. After joining the Office of Study Abroad, my previous assumptions were quickly cleared up. I found out about all of the financial aid and the many scholarships that exist for students who wish to study abroad. I didn’t think it was possible for me, but now I see that it is. With all that being said, please roll into one of our Walk-in Wednesdays or call and set up an appointment with me to clear up any of your Study Abroad assumptions, so that you can make your study abroad dreams possible too :)

--
Did you know that there are lots of different study abroad program options to fit students' needs, even for student athletes' busy schedules? 

Connect with Bre to learn more about study abroad! You can call our office to schedule an appointment, drop in to our virtual Walk-in Wednesdays or visit our website to use our live chat