Search This Blog

05 May 2016

Rendering Rome #HogsAbroad

Hi, I am a fourth year student in the architecture program. As a student within the Fay Jones School of Architecture and Design, I, along with many others, traveled abroad to Rome, Italy for the duration of the Spring 2016 semester. It was truly a great experience!

Around every corner there is a beautiful piece of architecture. Each day I was able to walk past St. Peter's basilica on my way to school, and the Pantheon was only a fifteen minute walk from the school. More importantly, I truly enjoyed my classes. The Rome Center primarily focuses on exploration of design through hand drawings, which resulted in amazing analytical drawings. 

In addition, we spent much of our time outside of the classroom, which was refreshing. By doing so, my classmates and I were able to easily learn our way around the city and gain a better understanding of Rome as a whole. 

Amber Romes
--
Find information about the U of A Rome Center at http://studyabroad.uark.edu/programs/rome-center.php

Use our search to look for more programs in Italy, as well as over 50 other countries: http://studyabroad.uark.edu/search/