Search This Blog

04 September 2015

Meet One of Our New #HogsAbroad Peer Advisors!

Que xopa mis maes! My name is Anthony Eller and I am a senior Biology major, Spanish minor from Kansas City, Missouri. While at the UofA, I have had the amazing opportunities to study abroad in Sweden, Panama, and Costa Rica. As much effort as I put into describing my experiences I won’t be able to do them justice.

Before coming to the UofA I hadn’t traveled much. “Much” as in I had never been out of the Midwest. One of the reasons I came down here was because of the many available opportunities to study abroad and chances to receive funding. Because of the wonderful people who work with Study Abroad and the Honors College here I have traveled across the world and played soccer with Panamanian Indigenous leaders, hiked up volcanoes in Nicaragua, and eaten real Swedish fish in an IKEA in Sweden. As well as many other scholarly things.
Getting ready to board down an active volcano in Nicaragua

Sitting atop active volcano Cerro Negro in Nicaragua


But most importantly, through the many experiences I have found my true self and discovered my passion to work in health internationally. My many adventures greatly shaped the person I am today and I am eternally grateful for the people who helped make it happen! 

 With all that being said, I am stoked to be working as a Peer Advisor in the Study Abroad Office this year and I hope to help get you out there experiencing other cultures, learning new languages, and making the most of your years at the UofA! So come by our little brick house today so we can start planning your next adventure!


Learning about sustainable agriculture from Italian professor Bruno in Panama


Hanging with Jesus during Holy Week in Panama


Receiving our Nobel Prizes in Sweden


Our class of crazy students in Costa Rica