Search This Blog

10 August 2015

#HogsAbroad Student Blogger Spotlight: The End is Near

Our #HogsAbroad student blogger, Peyton, is coming to terms with leaving Cambridge soon:

With less than two weeks left in the program I find myself at a cross-roads of emotions. On one end I’m so excited to go home to sweet tea, air conditioning, and of course my friends and family, but on the other side I am so incredibly sad to be leaving this beautiful country and all my friends here.
I seem to be pretty good about posting every two weeks and these last two have been ones for the books. Paris was a whirlwind of adventure and sightseeing. There is nothing better than having a native show you around and take you to all the cool places (aka bars and clubs)…shoutout to Alex Colette’s uncle. Between the Eiffel Tower and the Tour de France it was a weekend I will never forget. However, let me tell Chipotle is deceptively hard to find and French people will pretend not to understand you even if they do. So, google map it ahead of time and don’t ask for directions :).

This weekend was full of one last night of partying for everyone who finishes next week and is heading home. Spoons you will forever hold a special spot in my heart. I took a day trip to London to see the Tower of London which was so worth the visit. After spending nearly 2 and a half hours there I still feel like I needed more time but this is coming from a history nerd who has watched too many seasons of the Tudors (go watch it right now if you haven’t).

As I write my last two papers I can’t help but reflect on how much this program has helped me grow academically and I am so thankful for it. If anyone is considering an academically challenging study abroad experience this one can’t be beat.

Everyone come to Cambridge you absolutely won’t regret it.





--
Read more from Peyton at https://peytoninwanderland.wordpress.com/