Besançon, France:
If there’s one thing I’ve learned this trip, it’s that you can’t be
afraid of the unknown. Everything here was new, and it forced you to be
comfortable with new places, new people, new languages, new customs, and
new food. most importantly you had to be comfortable with admitting
that you just didn’t know what you were doing. It’s a lesson I’ll always
be grateful for.In my classes I’ve met and become friends with people from Mexico, Korea, Libya, Vetinam, Japan and Germany. The opportunity to experiences even such small fraction of different cultures and interact with people who thought so differently than me is priceless. I’ve learned more from them than anything. We speak broken French, English and Spanish to each other, but whatever works. :) I can tell we’ve gotten better at communicating over the four weeks!
It’s been a great trip, but I’m ready to see y’all again,
Casey
--
Read more from Casey at https://us2fr.wordpress.com/
To find out more about the French in Besançon summer program, visit http://studyabroad.uark.edu/besancon
Read more from Casey at https://us2fr.wordpress.com/
To find out more about the French in Besançon summer program, visit http://studyabroad.uark.edu/besancon