One of our #HogsAbroad student bloggers had this to say about her involvement in the Community Development in Belize program:
Sadly, today was our last full day in Dangriga, but it was also the
most fun. We hosted community day at Why Not island and each team had an
activity booth. All of our community partners and class’s from the
schools we taught in came out to play games and say goodbyes. The kids
were sweet as always and really loved all the activities. A little boy
named Moses made me a God’s eye and tied yarn on it so I could wear it
as a necklace. He almost made me cry.
Saying goodbye to all the friends I’ve made here was so tough. Mr.
Evan the granola man, Frankie, Charles, Mrs. Monica and Mr. Cohns…Thank
you to all of you for welcoming us into your beautiful community and
making Dangriga a home away from home. Week one we got lost in town, had
no idea where we could eat lunch or grab a snack, and now we know all
the good restaurants, where our favorite people hang out, and where the
snow cone place is! We made Dangriga our home these past three weeks.
Each person I’ve encountered has changed me.
Dangriga, thank you, a
million times thank you. I’ll never forget you or the things you taught
me. Goodbye Belize, and stay beautiful.
--
Read more from Tyler at https://travelingarkansasgirl.wordpress.com
To find out more about the Community Development in Belize program, visit http://studyabroad.uark.edu/belize.
